Login Help

On this page:

  • How to log into StudentWeb
    • Students
    • Staff
  • Getting help logging in
  • If you can log in, but your units are not showing



Logging into StudentWeb

  1. Type into your web browser: http://studentweb.bhtafe.edu.au
  2. Type in your Username and Password, and then click the blue arrow.
  3. Your Username


Your Username is your Student ID, as shown on your student card with the prefix “bhi”, ”cae” or “s”:

  • If you enrolled for the first time after 28th September 2015:
    your Username is the prefix "S" and your student ID Number, the eight digit ID on your student card.
    For example: S10000001 -- use all eight digits.

  • If you enrolled before 28th September 2015:
    your Username is the prefix “bhi” or “cae” and your student ID Number, the seven or eight digit ID on your card.
    For example: bhi1200000 or cae2000000-- use all seven digits.
  • If you have an ID number starting with X?
    For example: X0507594009 – use the part shown in Red (the first seven digits)
    Your Username is: bhi0507594
  1. Your password


Your initial password is your date-of-birth (DOB) entered as YYYYMMDD.

For example if you were born on 31st April 1987 – your password would be 19870431


Staff logins are the same as network logins. For access to particular courses, please contact your Centre e-Learning Advocate or the IT Service Desk.

Getting Login Help

You can get assistance in the following ways:

  1. If you are on campus, ask a librarian or your teacher for help
  2. You can read the BHI StudentWeb Learner Guide or watch the video
  3. If it is an urgent request, call the IT Service Desk on 9286 9465 between 8am and 6pm Monday-Friday.
  4. You can also  visit our IT Service Desk offices (refer 'Help')

For IT support other than login support you can log a job and we will get back to you.

If you can log in, but your units are not showing

(Due to recent changes in our student management system, some enrolment information is not yet automatically passed on to StudentWeb. We are working on it!)

If you have enrolled and paid, approach your teacher - teachers can enrol you manually, or change the unit in StudentWeb so that you can self-enrol.

Last modified: Friday, 8 September 2017, 11:54 AM