Student Code of Conduct
Students of Box Hill Institute and CAE are expected to behave in accordance with the following conduct guidelines.
The Student Code of Conduct applies to all students across the Box Hill Institute and CAE community and aims to ensure the safety, comfort and well-being of everyone at the Institute.
Ensure your actions and words support teaching and learning:
- be punctual and meet all attendance requirements, submit your own words truthfully and on time
- follow your teacher’s instructions in regard to mobile phone use in class.
Respect yourself and others:
- harassment, vilification, bullying including cyber bullying, physical and verbal assault is not acceptable and will not be tolerated
- respect the right to privacy and the property of others including their intellectual property
- be free from the influence of alcohol and/or drugs on campus. Learners under the influence will be requested to leave the institute
- illegal activities will be referred to the police
- refrain from smoking anywhere on campus, or littering or damaging, stealing or misusing any institute property
- comply with Box Hill Institute and CAE policies and procedures.
Breaches of the Student Code of Conduct may result in action according to Institute policies and procedures including the Student Conduct Management Policy.
Version: December 2012