Vaccination requirements for Students and Employees
From Monday 18 July 2022, students no longer need to be vaccinated to attend Box Hill campuses and will no longer be required to show evidence of their vaccination status.
Please note: students on placement must continue to adhere to the vaccination mandate that applies to their sector.
All employees still need to meet the existing vaccination requirements.
Other important reminders for students attending campus:
- If you are unwell or have any symptoms associated with COVID, please undergo a COVID test and advise to stay at home until you have received a negative test result.
- If you test positive to COVID and has been on campus (or working outside your primary residence) 48 hours prior - please inform your Course Manager. There is support available for students required to isolate.
- Close contacts of positive COVID-19 cases are strongly encouraged to isolate at home for 7 days. If needed on campus the close contact must undertake a RAT test daily for 7 days and if negative can attend campus and must wear a face mask while on campus.
- Booster vaccinations are strongly recommended by the government as an effective control against COVID-19, individuals should speak to their doctors about vaccination (including Boosters) recommendations.
- Face masks are strongly recommended indoors where 1.5 meter physical distancing cannot be maintained
Boosters are now available across Victoria. Box Hill Institute encourages those eligible to book booster vaccination to make an appointment as soon as possible.
Boosters are strongly encouraged as the best way to protect individuals, families and communities from further outbreaks and the spread of COVID-19.
How do I book a Vaccination or Booster appointment?
To book a vaccination appointment, visit the Victorian Government online portal, call the COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398, or speak to your GP or pharmacist. Book your vaccine appointment | Coronavirus Victoria
If you do find this situation challenging or worrying, we encourage you to make an appointment to speak to one of our Student Counsellors. You can call (03) 9286 9891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.