As we return to onsite learning, it is important that we continue to display COVIDSafe behaviours to minimise the spread of COVID-19. This includes:
tested as soon as possible if you have symptoms, no matter how mild
- ensuring employees and students stay home when unwell
good hygiene including regularly washing and sanitising hands
- taking all steps possible to maximise external air flow
- staggering start, finish and break times to reduce congestion and mixing of student cohorts
Face masks are no longer required for students and employees attending campus for on-site work and study, although they remain highly recommended in all indoor settings.
Masks are only required in certain settings such as:
- On public transport, in taxis/rideshare services and in tourism vehicles.
- While inside an aircraft (for ages 12 and over).
- While visiting a hospital, care facility or any other indoor space that is a publicly accessible area in a healthcare setting, including allied health settings.
- In a public indoor space if you are a close contact.
- Working in an indoor space that is a publicly accessible area of a court or justice centre.
- In an indoor space that is a publicly accessible area of a healthcare facility, including at an allied health facility.
- Working in a resident-facing role in an indoor space at a care facility, including when not interacting with residents.
- Working in an indoor space at a prison, police gaol, remand centre, youth residential centre, youth justice centre or post-sentence facility.
- After being tested for COVID-19 and awaiting results.
- If you have COVID-19 or are a close contact and are leaving the premises for a permitted reason
Testing Positive for COVID-19
If you test positive for COVID-19 or are a close contact of someone who tests positive to COVID-19, you must follow the COVID-19 Test and Isolate National Protocols. This includes isolating at home for at least 7 days, or longer if you are still presenting symptoms.
If you test positive for COVID-19, you must notify your Course Manager if you were on campus within the 48 hours prior to testing positive. There is support available for students required to isolate.