On Campus COVIDSafe Behaviours
As we return to onsite learning, it is important that we continue to display COVIDSafe behaviours to minimise the spread of COVID-19. This includes:
- ensuring only students and employees who have been fully vaccinated attend onsite
- getting tested as soon as possible if you have symptoms, no matter how mild
- ensuring employees and students stay home when unwell
- checking in using QR codes and adding your COVID-19 digital certificate to the Service Victoria app
- practising good hygiene including regularly washing and sanitising hands
- taking all steps possible to maximise external air flow
- staggering start, finish and break times to reduce congestion and mixing of student cohorts
Face masks are no longer required for students and employees attending campus for on-site work and study, although they remain highly recommended in all indoor settings.
As of 11:59 Friday 25 February masks are only required in certain settings such as:
- People on public transport, in taxis and rideshare, on planes, and indoors at an airport
- People working or visiting hospitals, and indoor areas at care facilities
- Workers in hospitality, retail and the court system
- Workers at justice and correctional facilities
- Students in year 3 or above at primary school, and workers at early childhood centres and primary schools (masks can be removed in secondary school)
- People working indoors at an event with more than 30,000 people attending
Yes, as part of our COVID safe protocol, students and visitors coming on campus must use the QR codes for every building they enter, every day. Teachers will be required to check QR code completion for students in the classroom.
Testing Positive for COVID-19
If you test positive for COVID-19 or are a close contact of someone who tests positive to COVID-19, you must follow the COVID-19 Test and Isolate National Protocols. This includes isolating at home for at least 7 days, or longer if you are still presenting symptoms.
If you test positive for COVID-19, you must notify your Course Manager if you were on campus within the 48 hours prior to testing positive. There is support available for students required to isolate.