The library provides access to a range of high quality, reliable online resources. These include journals, eBooks, videos, Australian Standards and more.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- Academic Search Premier
- APA-FT - Australian Public Affairs - Full Text (Informit)
- Covers library studies, current affairs, economics, humanities, law, literature, politics and social sciences and is produced by the National Library of Australia.
- Austlii Australasian legal databases
- Federal and State acts and regulations.
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus (EBSCOhost)
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian statistics.
- Australian Dictionary of Biography
- Biographical profiles.
- Boosey Online Scores
- 20th and 21st century composers
- Building Code of Australia / National Construction Code of Australia
- Building and construction regulations. Free access but registration required.
- Business Source Premier (EBSCOhost)
- Business Source Premier
- Cantus Database
- Index of Latin ecclesiastical chants
- Chemwatch GoldFFX
- Chemical information including Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and emergency procedures
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
- Nursing & allied health journals
- Clavier Companion (Journal)
- From Frances Clark Center for Keyboard Pedagogy. Also see print copies.
- Cornell Hospitality Quarterly
- Electronic journal
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Freely available electronic journals on many subjects, including music
- Early Music Online
- Digitised copies of early printed music
- Ebook Central (ProQuest) (was EBL eBooks)
- Ebooks on a variety of topics. Read online or download to your device. See EBL Tutorial for more information.
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Individually selected eBooks for particular courses.
- See list of databases for subject coverage. Includes Academic Search, Business Premier, and Australian/New Zealand Reference Centre, and more. See EBSCOhost Tutorial for more information.
- Education Source (EBSCOhost)
- "Education Source is designed to meet the needs of education students, professionals and policy makers."
- Electronic Musician (Journal)
- "Record - Produce - Perform" Carries selections; see print copies for full issues
- Emerald (NB: Temporarily on-campus only)
Find articles in the fields of management, information science and engineering.
Note - Emerald recently changed its site to use https and this has caused an error in our off-campus access. While the problem is being fixed, unfortunately we can only provide on-campus access. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- ERIC (EBSCOhost)
- ERIC - Education Resource Information Center
- Fairfax News Store
- Australian news from Fairfax print media
- The Full English
- Manuscripts, notes and letters covering English folk songs, tunes, dances and customs
- GreenFILE (EBSCOhost)
- Health Collection (Informit)
- Health Collection
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete
- Humanities & Social Sciences Collection (Informit)
- Humanities & Social Sciences Collection
- IBISWorld Industry Reports
- Valuable resource for in depth analysis of data trends, market share and forecasts.
- IEEE Computer Society Journals
You can search across the five journals, but you'll need to change 'All' to 'Digital Library' to limit to our subscribed titles: IEEE Computer Society Journals.
- Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database
- Evidence based practice database for nursing and healthcare students.
- Libraries Australia
- Catalogue of holdings at Australian libraries.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
- LISTA provides coverage on subjects such as librarianship, classification, cataloguing, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Delivered via the EBSCOhost platform, LISTA indexes more than 600 periodicals plus books, research reports, and proceedings. With coverage dating back to the mid-1960s, it is the oldest continuously produced database covering the field of information science.
- MEDLINE (EBSCOhost)
- Music Treasures Consortium
- Online access to the world's most valued music manuscripts and print materials
- The New Soundtrack (Journal)
- "The New Soundtrack focuses on the aural elements which combine with moving images."
- Newswires (EBSCOhost)
- Nursing Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- Nursing Reference Center
- Oxford History of Western Music
- by Richard Taruskin.
- Oxford Music Online
- Includes Grove Music Online, the Oxford Companion to Music, and the Oxford Dictionary of Music.
- Oxford Reference Online
- Huge range of online dictionaries, encyclopedias and reference books across many subject areas.
- Pendlebury Library of Music links
- Links to free online scores and manuscripts
- Petrucci Music Library
- Iconic resource for classical music. Highly recommended. Also known as IMSLP.
- "[T]he ultimate guide to plants" -- website
- Medical, life science and biomedical index.
- Regional Business News (EBSCOhost)
- Regional Business News
- Resonate Magazine
- Online music and performing arts periodical.
- Rock’s Backpages
- Rock music writing, musician interviews, and reviews.
- Safari Tech Books Online
- Custom collection of computer technology e-books.
- ScienceDirect - Health & Life Sciences
- Covers Health & Nursing professions; Agriculture & Biological Sciences; Immunology & Microbiology; Medicine & Mental Health; Environmental Sciences; Pharmacology; Pharmaceutical Science; Food Sciences; Biochemistry; Genetics & Molecular Biology; Neuroscience; and Veterinary Science & Medicine.
- Standards Online
Australian and international standards for trades and services. Please log off after use. See Standards Online tutorial for more information
Please note: Electronic copies of Australian Standards may be made under our license for temporary purposes only. Any electronic copies made will expire or should be deleted after five days. Electronic copies may only be made by current Box Hill Institute students and staff and are for individual use only. Electronic copies made under our license may not be distributed. Copies printed from our online subscription may only be distributed to Box Hill Institute students and staff.
- Tape Op (Magazine)
- Known as "the creative music recording magazine" Carries selections; see print copies for full issues
- Trent Codices
- Manuscripts of 15th century sacred vocal music (in Italian)
- The Veterinary Nurse (Journal)
- "The Veterinary Nurse is the only international, peer-reviewed journal for veterinary nurses. Written by nurses for nurses it provides clinical, practical, professional and educational articles..." - the journal website.
ClickView Comprehensive collection of streaming videos across many subject areas.
Films on Demand Automotive videos
Kanopy Videos Streaming videos on a number of topics
SafetyHub (Safetycare) (formerly Montie) - Health and Safety videos for all industry areas
Teachers please note: Facilitator's guides are available via StaffWeb (internal link only).
"...provides access to all 3,530 globally-acclaimed instructional videos produced in 2008 by the United Kingdom's Department of Education to train and develop teachers' skills through demonstrations and commentary by teachers, administrators, and other educational experts." - Alexander Street website.
- Vocational Studies Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Vocational Studies Complete
- VOCEDplus (NCVER)
- "VOCEDplus is NCVER's free international research database for tertiary education relating to workforce needs, skills development, and social inclusion." - website
- Wax Poetics (Journal)
- Archive of a magazine on jazz, funk, soul, Latin, hip-hop, reggae, blues and R&B. See print copies for current issues