Student Email Office 365
Box Hill Institute and CAE use Microsoft Office 365 to host all student email addresses.
All email from StudentWeb will go to this email account, however you will need to set up your email account to accept emails.
How to set up your email account
Box Hill Institute email
- Go https://outlook.com/student.bhtafe.edu.au
- Enter your username and password
- Select Sign in
If you are a student new student your Student ID will begin with the letter S, students continuing or returning from 1998 will begin with BHIPassword is your studentweb password. If you have never logged in, this is your date of birth as yyyymmdd ie year, month, day For example, 4 June 1995 would be written as 19950604.
- You can also forward your emails to your personal email address
- Your StudentWeb password is your email password, it will change if your StudentWeb password changes.
- To connect your student email to other email accounts or to forward all email to your usual email address go into Options, See All Options and choose Connected Accounts
- Setting up email on your mobile phone
- Email storage is 50Gb.
OneDrive and Office 365
Logging into your email account will also give you access to:
- OneDrive (1Tb= 1000Gb of space) for file storage and sharing
- Office 365 Web applications, including online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more
- Unlimited online meetings, IM and video conferencing using Lync
- the ability to set up SharePoint sites for collaboration.
It's a good idea to add your mobile phone number or an alternate email address to this account for easy password resetting.