It is Library policy to facilitate the return of overdue resources.
- Overdue loan notices will be sent, either by mail or email, to all borrowers who have not returned their resources by the due date. The first overdue notice is sent to borrowers 7 days after the due date.
- The library charges 30¢ per item per day for overdue items. (10¢ per hour for Reserve items.)
- If an item is not returned within 21 days of the due date, the item will be considered lost and the borrower will be sent a bill for the replacement cost of the item, plus a processing fee.
- Borrowers may continue to borrow and renew items (including overdue items) provided that their outstanding Library charges total less than $20, the item is not on hold and they have have no items 3 or more weeks overdue.
Failure to return library resources will result in the following:
- Students: Course results will be withheld and an invoice will be sent for replacement cost of items. Library privileges will be suspended.
- Staff: Further discussions with staff member and, if necessary, Centre Manager, will take place.
- CAVAL : An invoice will be sent for replacement cost of items.
- Public members: An invoice will be sent for replacement cost of items.
It is the sole responsibility of the borrower to return resources on the due date.
Borrowers with outstanding Library charges of $20 or more will be blocked on the Library system, and Student Records will be notified to withhold results.
When overdue resources are returned undamaged and the amount of any outstanding Library charges is reduced to less than $20, Student Records will be notified to release the student’s results and Library privileges will resume.
If you have any questions regarding overdue items, please Contact Us
In the case of disputed claims of returned resources, a statutory declaration is required from the borrower stating that he/she has returned the items. On receipt of this document, borrowing privileges will resume. See the section on Lost or damaged resources and disputes.