The library provides access to a range of high quality, reliable online resources. These include journals, eBooks, videos, and more.
Australian Standards are now provided by a new vendor in 2021. Sign up for an account using your
Institute email address for access. Copies of Standards made under our previous licence must now be destroyed. See Standards (Techstreet Enterprise) below for details.
Visit the A-Z Databases list to filter by your subject.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- Academic Search Premier
- APA-FT - Australian Public Affairs - Full Text (Informit)
- Covers library studies, current affairs, economics, humanities, law, literature, politics and social sciences and is produced by the National Library of Australia.
- Austlii Australasian legal databases
- Federal and State acts and regulations.
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus (EBSCOhost)
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian statistics.
- Australian Dictionary of Biography
- Biographical profiles.
- Boosey Online Scores
- 20th and 21st century composers
- Building Code of Australia / National Construction Code of Australia
- Building and construction regulations. Free access but registration required.
- Business Source Premier (EBSCOhost)
- Business Source Premier
- Cantus Database
- Index of Latin ecclesiastical chants
- Chemwatch GoldFFX
- Chemical information including Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and emergency procedures
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
- Nursing & allied health journals
- Clavier Companion (Journal)
- From Frances Clark Center for Keyboard Pedagogy. Also see print copies.
- Cornell Hospitality Quarterly
- Electronic journal
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Freely available electronic journals on many subjects, including music
- Early Music Online
- Digitised copies of early printed music
- Ebook Central (ProQuest) (was EBL eBooks)
- Ebooks on a variety of topics. Read online or download to your device.
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Individually selected eBooks for particular courses.
- See list of databases for subject coverage. Includes Academic Search, Business Premier, and Australian/New Zealand Reference Centre, and more. See EBSCOhost Tutorial for more information.
- Education Source (EBSCOhost)
- "Education Source is designed to meet the needs of education students, professionals and policy makers."
- Electronic Musician (Journal)
- "Record - Produce - Perform" Carries selections; see print copies for full issues
Find articles in the fields of management, information science and engineering.
- ERIC (EBSCOhost)
- ERIC - Education Resource Information Center
- Fairfax News Store
- Australian news from Fairfax print media
- The Full English
- Manuscripts, notes and letters covering English folk songs, tunes, dances and customs
- GreenFILE (EBSCOhost)
- Health Collection (Informit)
- Health Collection
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete
- Humanities & Social Sciences Collection (Informit)
- Humanities & Social Sciences Collection
- IBISWorld Industry Reports
- Valuable resource for in depth analysis of data trends, market share and forecasts.
- Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database
- Evidence based practice database for nursing and healthcare students.
- Libraries Australia
- Catalogue of holdings at Australian libraries.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
- LISTA provides coverage on subjects such as librarianship, classification, cataloguing, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Delivered via the EBSCOhost platform, LISTA indexes more than 600 periodicals plus books, research reports, and proceedings. With coverage dating back to the mid-1960s, it is the oldest continuously produced database covering the field of information science.
- MEDLINE (EBSCOhost)
- Music Treasures Consortium
- Online access to the world's most valued music manuscripts and print materials
- The New Soundtrack (Journal)
- "The New Soundtrack focuses on the aural elements which combine with moving images."
- Newswires (EBSCOhost)
- OurAuto Tech-Centre
Comprehensive service and repair information for passenger and light commercial vehicles.
On campus access only; ask at the library for access.
- Oxford History of Western Music
- by Richard Taruskin.
- Oxford Reference Online
- Huge range of online dictionaries, encyclopedias and reference books across many subject areas.
- Pendlebury Library of Music links
- Links to free online scores and manuscripts
- Petrucci Music Library
- Iconic resource for classical music. Highly recommended. Also known as IMSLP.
- "[T]he ultimate guide to plants" -- website
- Medical, life science and biomedical index.
- Regional Business News (EBSCOhost)
- Regional Business News
- Resonate Magazine
- Online music and performing arts periodical.
- Rock’s Backpages
- Rock music writing, musician interviews, and reviews.
- ScienceDirect - Health & Life Sciences
- Covers Health & Nursing professions; Agriculture & Biological Sciences; Immunology & Microbiology; Medicine & Mental Health; Environmental Sciences; Pharmacology; Pharmaceutical Science; Food Sciences; Biochemistry; Genetics & Molecular Biology; Neuroscience; and Veterinary Science & Medicine.
- Standards (Techstreet Enterprise)
Australian and selected international standards for trades and services.
Please note we have a new vendor for Standards in 2021 and you will need to sign up for an account on the new platform. Once you have an account, access Standards via http://subscriptions.techstreet.com.
Note that you will need to install the FileOpen plugin for Adobe Acrobat to open the Standards documents (pre-installed on library computers and in selected classrooms). See the Techstreet site once you log in for more information, or check our Guide to using Standards. FileOpen is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- Tape Op (Magazine)
- Known as "the creative music recording magazine" Carries selections; see print copies for full issues
- Trent Codices
- Manuscripts of 15th century sacred vocal music (in Italian)
- Vocational Studies Complete (EBSCOhost)
- Vocational Studies Complete
- VOCEDplus (NCVER)
- "VOCEDplus is NCVER's free international research database for tertiary education relating to workforce needs, skills development, and social inclusion." - website
- Wax Poetics (Journal)
- Archive of a magazine on jazz, funk, soul, Latin, hip-hop, reggae, blues and R&B. See print copies for current issues