Information about Mandatory Vaccination requirements for all Students on Box Hill Institute Campuses

Information about Mandatory Vaccination requirements for all Students on Box Hill Institute Campuses

by Student Life -
Number of replies: 0

Mandatory Vaccination requirements for Students

In line with Victorian Government requirements, from 6pm Friday 29 October, all students who wish to participate in onsite education at any Box Hill Institute campus must be fully vaccinated.

We encourage students who have only had one vaccination dose to bring forward their second dose appointment if possible.

This requirement does not apply to those with a medical exemption or students undertaking secondary school subjects (VETDSS, VCE & VCAL) at Box Hill Institute.

How do I show that I am vaccinated?

Your teachers will be required to ask you to prove your vaccination status using the Service Victoria app or by showing one of the accepted vaccination status records. These include:

1. Immunisation history statement available from Medicare 
  2. MyGov COVID-19 digital certificate 

You can link your vaccination status to the Service Victoria app by following the instructions.

Students who cannot provide the required vaccination evidence will not be allowed on any Box Hill Institute campus.

There may also be security guards and Covid marshals on campus, who may ask to see your Covid vaccination status while you are on campus.

What do I do if I’m not vaccinated and don’t have a vaccination status?

If you have not had your first vaccination yet and don’t have a vaccination status, but try to come on campus, your teacher will inform you of the current vaccination requirements and you will be asked to leave the campus. You will also be asked if you would like a Student Life team member to call you to discuss any concerns you have. Then you will need to leave the campus.

If you have an issue or concern with the mandatory vaccination requirement, please email: returntocampus@boxhill.edu.au

How do I book a Vaccination appointment?

To book a vaccination appointment, visit the Victorian Government online portal, call the COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398, or speak to your GP or pharmacist. Book your vaccine appointment | Coronavirus Victoria

Do I still need to scan the QR codes in buildings at Box Hill Institute campuses?

Yes, as part of our COVID safe protocol, all people including employees, students and visitors coming on campus must use the QR codes for every building they enter, every day. As the return to campus increases, teachers will be required to check QR code completion for students in the classroom. 

Support Information

We understand that this mandatory vaccination requirement may be challenging for some of you.  

If you do find this requirement challenging or worrying, we encourage you to make an appointment to speak to one of our Student Counsellors. You can call (03) 9286 9891 or email studentlife@boxhill.edu.au to book an appointment.

If you have an issue or concern with the mandatory vaccination requirement, please email: returntocampus@boxhill.edu.au

Return to Campus – COVIDSafe Behaviours

As we return to onsite learning, it is important that we continue to display COVIDSafe behaviours to minimise the spread of COVID-19. This includes:

• only attending onsite learning if you are fully vaccinated
  • getting tested as soon as possible if you have symptoms, no matter how mild
  • staying home when unwell
  • checking in using QR codes and adding your COVID-19 digital certificate to the Service Victoria app
  • practising good hygiene including regularly washing and sanitising hands
  • taking all steps possible to maximise external air flow and good ventilation
  • wearing face masks (no longer required outdoors, after 6pm on Friday 29 October)
  • maintaining physical distancing between employees and students, wherever possible.

Density Limits

Learning and teaching spaces at Box Hill Institute are not subject to density limits. All other public-facing areas of campus must apply a density limit of one person per two square metres.

All other spaces (including offices) must follow density limits as outlined by the Chief Health Officer.