How to place a hold
Through the Discovery catalogue
You can place holds on resources through the Discovery catalogue or by asking Library staff.
You can place holds on resources that are on loan, or on shelf elsewhere.
To place a hold through the catalogue:
- Search for your item
- Click on 'Retrieve catalogue item' (Only if searching through the Discovery catalogue).
- Click on ‘Place Hold’ in the column on the left-hand side.
- In the user ID field, type your student number. Do not enter 'bhi' or 's' before this.
- In the PIN field, type in your four-number PIN . This is usually the last four numbers of your student number but can be set to any four number combination of your choice.
- In the 'pickup at' field, choose which library you would like to collect the resource from.
- Click 'Place hold'
If you will be placing a number of holds, click on the Catalogue tab in Discovery, and enter your student number and PIN at the top of the screen. This means you do not have to provide your details every time you click on ‘Place Hold.’
You will receive an email to your student account when the item is available for collection.
Resources will be held for one week for you to collect.
Watch the clip below to see how to do it:
Last modified: Wednesday, 22 March 2023, 3:46 PM