Lost or damaged resources and disputes
- If you have an item which is lost or damaged, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Items 21 days or more overdue will be considered lost and you will be sent a bill for the replacement cost of the items plus a processing fee. If you then return the items this bill will be cancelled.
- If an item you have borrowed is lost, you will be billed for its replacement cost plus a processing fee.
- If an item you have borrowed is damaged, the Library will assess the cost of repairing the damage and will bill you that amount, plus a processing fee. If an item is too badly damaged to be repaired you will be billed for its replacement cost, plus a processing fee.
- In all cases, your Library privileges and your access to academic results may be suspended until the matter is resolved. Privileges will be reinstated when you return or pay for any lost or damaged items.
- Receipts will be issued for all payments for lost or damaged resources
If you believe you have returned an item for which you have received an overdue notice or bill, please contact us immediately. If we cannot locate the item, you can complete a Statutory Declaration Form stating that you have returned the item and get it witnessed. When we receive the form we will clear your record.
Similarly, if you believe that an item has been lost or damaged through no fault of your own, you may fill in a Statutory Declaration Form stating the details. When we receive the form we will clear your record.
Statutory declaration forms must be witnessed by an approved person, such as a police officer. For a list of persons who may witness statutory declarations in Victoria see the Dept. of Justice website or visit your local police station.