Who can borrow and for how long
All Box Hill Institute and CAE staff and students are eligible to borrow items from the library collection at any campus. This provides access to resources including books, journals/magazines, DVDs, CDs, kits , musical scores and toys.
Watch this video to see how to use the library's self check machines:
E-books and online resources can also be accessed with your student or staff ID and password.
Who can borrow ?
You need to provide
Box Hill Institute
- Your Student ID card if you are a student
- Your Staff ID card if you are a staff member
- If you are a short course student who does not receive an ID card, you can borrow by providing us with proof of enrolment and identification.
- Your CAVAL card and home Library ID card if you are a CAVAL member
- Your Alumni card if you are an Institute Alumni member
- The card you were given upon joining if you are a Public member.
For information and fees on Public membership, click here.
If you have lost your Library card, or changed any of your contact details, please notify Library Staff.
How many items can I borrow?
Students: 15 items
Staff members : 20 items
Alumni members : 10 items
CAVAL members : 4 items
Public members : 4 items
How long can I borrow for?
As a student, you can generally borrow resources for the following periods:
Different rules may apply to high demand or valuable items. Stickers on resources will usually indicate different loan periods (e.g. one day loan, three day loan) but always check your borrowing receipt to avoid overdue items.
Teacher reference items can only be borrowed by staff members.
Reserve items can only be used within the library
Different loan periods apply for Staff members. Check with Library Staff for details.
Can I keep items for longer?
You may renew items as many times as you like, provided they have not been requested by another borrower and you have no items three or more weeks overdue.