How to renew
You may continue to renew your loans unless:
- A hold (reservation) has been placed on the item by another borrower
- You have outstanding library charges of $20 or more
- You have items 3 or more weeks overdue
In these cases, please return the item to the Library, or contact Library staff for more information
The easiest way is to visit http://library.bhtafe.edu.au/renew and follow the prompts.
Watch the clip below to see how to do it.
Detailed Catalogue Instructions
Click on the Renew tab at the top of the Discovery catalogue screen, or if using the ilink catalogue click on “Renew my loans” in the centre of the screen.
- Enter your student number in the student no. box. Do not enter 'bhi' or 's' in front of this. (If your ID starts with an X, use the seven digits after the X, e.g. if your ID is X0507594009, use 0507594.)
- In the PIN field, type in your four-number PIN. This is usually the last four numbers of your student number but can be set to any four digit number of your choice.
- Hit enter, or click on 'List my loans'.
- Tick the resources you wish to renew.
- Click on ‘Renew Selected Items’.
- If the renewal is successful, note the new due date.
- Please note: You cannot renew items if a hold has been placed on them or if you have outstanding library charges of $20 or more on your Library record.