It is Library policy to facilitate the timely return of borrowed resources.
- Library notices will be sent, by email or email, to all borrowers who have not returned or renewed their resources by the due date:
- Automated email reminder notices are sent before and after the due date
- Printed overdue notices are sent to borrowers without an email address 7 days after the due date.
- Note: Reminder notices are a courtesy only and it is the sole responsibility of borrowers to return borrowed resources on or before their due dates.
- The library has a standard charge of 30¢ per item per day for overdue items. (10¢ per hour for Reserve items.)
- If an item is not returned within 21 days of the due date, the item will be considered lost and the borrower will be sent a bill for the replacement cost of the item, plus a processing fee. Library privileges will be suspended and, for students, results
will be withheld.
- The replacement cost and processing fee bill will be cancelled if the item is subsequently returned.
- Overdue charges will still apply.
- Borrowers may continue to borrow and renew items (including overdue items) provided that their outstanding library charges total less than $20, any individual item being renewed is not on hold, and the borrower has no items 21 days or more overdue.
- Borrowers with outstanding Library charges of $20 or more will have their Library privileges suspended and, for students, results will be withheld.
- When overdue resources are returned undamaged and the amount of any outstanding Library charges is reduced to less than $20, library privileges will resume. For students, results will be released as soon as possible.
It is the sole responsibility of the borrower to return resources on or before the due date. You should not pass borrowed items on to other people. You remain solely responsible for the items you have borrowed until they are properly returned to the library. Do not allow anyone else to use your library card as you will be held responsible for borrowed items and for charges that result.
Staff should be aware that these guidelines apply to staff, except for the daily overdue charge. Library staff reserve the right to contact the relevant manager if reasonable efforts to ensure the return of an overdue item are not successful.
If you have any questions regarding overdue items, please contact the library.
In the case of disputed claims of returned resources, a statutory declaration is required from the borrower stating that he/she has returned the items. On receipt of this document, borrowing privileges will resume. See the page on Lost or damaged resources and disputes for more information.