It is Library policy to facilitate the timely return of borrowed resources.
- Library notices will be sent, by email or mail, to all borrowers who have not returned or renewed their resources by the due date:
- Automated email reminder notices are sent before and after the due date
- Note: Reminder notices are a courtesy only and it is the sole responsibility of borrowers to return borrowed resources on or before their due dates.
- Borrowers may continue to borrow and renew items if the item being renewed is not on hold and the borrower has no items 21 days or more overdue.
- If an item is not returned within 21 days of the due date, the item will be considered lost and the borrower will be sent a bill for the replacement cost of the item, plus a processing fee. Library privileges will be suspended and, for students, results
will be withheld.
- The replacement cost and processing fee bill will be cancelled if the item is subsequently returned.
- When overdue resources are returned undamaged library privileges will resume. For students, results will be released as soon as possible.
It is the sole responsibility of the borrower to return resources on or before the due date. . You remain solely responsible for the items you have borrowed until they are returned to the library. You should not pass borrowed items on to other people. Do not allow anyone else to use your library account as you will be held responsible for borrowed items and for charges that result.
Staff should be aware that these guidelines apply to staff. Library staff reserve the right to contact the relevant manager if reasonable efforts to ensure the return of an overdue item are not successful.
If you have any questions regarding overdue items, please contact the library.
In the case of disputed claims of returned resources, a statutory declaration is required from the borrower stating that he/she has returned the items. On receipt of this document, borrowing privileges will resume. See the page on Lost or damaged resources and disputes for more information.