Starting 24 November 2026, we will begin works to replace the elevator in building B4 at our Elgar campus.
During these works, the elevator will be temporarily unavailable for approximately four months. Access to upper levels will continue via stairs in B4 or the elevator in B3.
A signed detour route for each floor will be in place throughout the project.
Key information
When will the elevator be closed?
The elevator will be unavailable from 24 November 2026 until approximately February 2027. Please note that these dates are estimates and may change during project delivery.
Why is the elevator being replaced?
The works are being undertaken to upgrade the existing elevator and ensure reliable access for students, staff and visitors into the future.
How do I access upper levels of B4?
The stairs will be fully accessible for the duration of works for those wishing to use them. If you have any accessibility concerns or would prefer an alternate route, signed detour routes will be available from the B3 lifts to each floor.
How will I know where to go?
Wayfinding materials will be installed throughout B3 and B4, including:
- Floor decals
- Wall and glass decals
- Directional posters
- Elevator notices
- QR codes linking to maps and information.
Will classrooms and services remain open?
Yes. Classes, services and facilities will continue to operate during the works.
The only change is that the B4 elevator will be temporarily unavailable.
How much extra time should I allow?
If you are using the detour via the B3 elevators, we recommend allowing a few extra minutes to get to your destination.
What if I require elevator access?
Alternative elevator access will be available via B3 throughout the project.
Students who have accessibility requirements or concerns about accessing campus are encouraged to contact the Student Life Accessibility team.
Where can I view the detour route?
Please bookmark this post as the detour maps will be posted below in the coming week.