R U OK? Day – Thursday 12 September

R U OK? Day – Thursday 12 September

by Student Comms -
Number of replies: 0

This Thursday is R U OK? Daywhich is about encouraging everyone to stay connected and have a meaningful chat with those around you. Simply asking the question ‘are you OK?’ can be the thing that helps us all feel more supported, particularly if we are going through difficult times. 

We are holding R U OK? Day activities for students and employees and hope you will join us at our Lilydale, Elgar and Nelson Cafés, and the City C1 Foyer.  

Come and take part in some badge giveaways, creating random acts of kindness, chatterboxes, lucky dips and more! 

We will also have a ‘mental health pledge wall’ where we are inviting everyone to share their personal promise in terms of taking care of yourself and others. It might be as simple as ‘I promise to take 30 minutes to myself each day to do something I love’ or ‘I promise to switch off my iPhone/laptop and connect more with my friends or family’. 

EVENT DETAILS: 

Date: Thursday 12 September 
Time: 11:00am – 1:00pm 

Locations: 

• Elgar campus - Elgar Cafeteria (B3) 

• Nelson campus - Nelson Cafeteria (B10) 

• Lilydale campus - Lilydale Cafeteria (L5) 

• City campus - CBD Level 2 Foyer (C1) 

Need support?  

Please remember there are resources available to you as a student, not just on R U OK? Day but every day. 

Student Life delivers free services and programs to help you succeed in your study and life goals and enjoy your time at Box Hill Institute. Services are accessible across all campuses and include counselling, disability liaison and indigenous support as well as student wellbeing officers 

We're here to help so contact us. For more information, click here.